The importance of nutrition
You are what you eat! If you eat lots of fatty food,
you will get fat. If you eat healthily, you will be
more healthy and look better. Good nutrition is so important
- just as important as regular exercise. The two go
hand in hand - the more you exercise, the more your
body will demand healthy food and drink. The more healthily
you eat, the more energy you will have to exercise to
your optimum potential, and the more nutrients your
body will have for growth and repair. Think of nutrition
and exercise as two sides of the same coin.
As a personal trainer in London with a strong track
record of helping people reach their goals faster
through good nutrition, I will monitor your eating
habits and make recommendations along the way.
The principles of good nutrition
- Eat smaller quantities and eat regularly
- Always have breakfast
- Don't rush your meals - chew thoroughly and digest
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
- Eat 3 portions of fruit a day
- Eat 3-5 portions of salad/vegetables a day
- Eat some lean protein with every meal (eg- fish,
skinless chicken, fat free yoghurt)
- Include plenty of complex carbohydrates with every
meal (eg-brown bread, pasta)
- Cut down on saturated fats, sugary snacks, alcohol.
- Eat as wide a variety of healthy foods as possible
Your healthy eating strategy
I will devise an eating plan to enhance your nutrition,
and explain the logic behind the principles of good
nutrition. I'll show you that healthy eating needn't
be boring or difficult. Your initial consultation will
include an analysis of your current eating patterns,
with some specific advice to get you started.
Before I became a personal trainer, I had several
personal trainers in London at various times, some of
whom took the trouble to devise a nutrition plan for me,
and I remember how much this helped.
To learn how to get slimmer- see my related page lose
For online personal training, see